The Thursday Effect
I hate working on Thursdays.
For most people, Monday is quite possibly the worst day of the week; the dread of going back to work, the depression of leaving the fun-filled weekend. I'm suspecting other factors include not being able to sleep in (or rather being forced to wake early) and facing whatever stresses we get on average during the week.
I don't hate Mondays. In fact, I actually enjoy them. I guess I've learnt to mentally condition myself to face the challenge of the week with a positive attitude and a desire to do well at work in the coming week. However, I also have to admit that these feelings are prety much self enforced... Thus, they gradually die out over the week...
Which is why I hate work on Thursdays.
All that drive, all that perseverence, gets flushed down the toilet from the moment I wake up. Another day, another battle; by Thursday it never seems to end. Friday is yet a day (and so far) away, and the accomplishments from Monday to Wednesday seem to have faded into the background of the unending rythm of work and stress.
Ahhh. Anyway. I'm simply typing this out because I have yet to find the heart and vigour to start plunging into work. Notwithstanding the fact I actually have a good load of work to do. whoop.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home