Many Happy Returns
When I woke this morning, my mind was full of thoughts; thoughts reminiscing the life I've been given over the last 28 years. Awandering they went, bringing forth a daisy chain of loves and losses, of things and places, of worlds begun and ended. Poetically speaking of course.
As I've aged, the adage that truly, relationships mean more than things really does ring true. Even the physical objects that bring me much comfort are usually things that were given, or held a meaning as special as the person it reminded me of.
And then, there are words. Words words words. Strings of syllables singing songs, spoken or written, intentional or not; they carry memories and life in them, my soul connects with them, they last an eternity till their meanings mean no more.
So, in celebration, in memoir, today I remember this medley of songs. Ces't La Vie my friends, boku no kokoro itsumo iru.
she breathes the air and flies away
She thanks her Jesus for the daises and the roses
in no simple language
Someday she'll understand the meaning of it all
He's more than the laughter or the stars in the heavens
As close a heartbeat or a song on her lips
Someday she'll trust Him and learn how to see Him
Someday He'll call her and she will come running
and fall in His arms and the tears will fall down and she'll pray,
"I want to fall in love with You"
Sitting silent wearing Sunday best
The sermon echoes through the walls
A great salvation through it calls to the people
who stare into nowhere, and can't feel the chains on their souls
He's more than the laughter or the stars in the heavens
As close a heartbeat or a song on our lips
Someday we'll trust Him and learn how to see Him
Someday He'll call us and we will come running
and fall in His arms and the tears will fall down and we'll pray,
"I want to fall in love with You"
It seems too easy to call you "Savior",
Not close enough to call you "God"
So as I sit and think of words I can mention
to show my devotion
"I want to fall in love with You"
Nought be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best thought by day or by night
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light
Be Thou my wisdom, and Thou my true word
I ever with Thee and Thou with me Lord
Thou my great Father and I Thy true son
Thou in me dwelling and I with Thee one
Riches I need not, nor man's empty praise
Thou mine inheritance now and always
Thou and Thou only first in my heart
High king of heaven my treasure Thou art
Be Thou my vision, oh Lord of my heart
Nought be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best thought by day or by night
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light
High king of heaven, my victory won
May I reach heaven's joy, bright heaven sun
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall
Still be my vision, oh ruler of all
Still be my vision, oh ruler of all
Close to nothing at all
The same old scenario, the same old rain
And there's no explosions here
Then something unusual, something strange
Comes from nothing at all
I saw a spaceship fly by your window
Did you see it disappear?
Amie come sit on my wall
And read me the story of O
And tell it like you still believe
That the end of the century
Brings a change for you and me
Nothing unusual, nothing's changed
Just a little older that's all
You know when you've found it,
There's something I've learned
'Cause you feel it when they take it away
Something unusual, something strange
Comes from nothing at all
But I'm not a miracle
And you're not a saint
Just another soldier
On the road to nowhere
Amie come sit on my wall
And read me the story of O
And tell it like you still believe
That the end of the century
Brings a change for you and me
And Amie come sit on my wall
And read me the story of O
And tell it like you still believe
That the end of the century
Brings a change for you and me
We all have to do
What does the music require
People all moving together
Close as the flames in a fire
Feel the beat
Music and rhyme
While there is time
We all go round and round
Partners are lost and found
Looking for one more chance
All I know is
We’re all in the dance
Quel est donc
Ce qui nous sépare
Qui par hasard nous réunit?
Pourquoi tant d'allers, de départs
Dans cette ronde infinie?
On avance
Au fil du temps
Au gré du vent ainsi
On vit au jour le jour
Nos envies, nos amours
On s'en va sans savoir
On est toujours
Dans la même histoire
La même histoire
Partners are lost and found
Looking for one more chance
All I know is
We’re all in the dance
Dans la même histoire
La même histoire
I don't know about tomorrow
I just live from day to day
I don't borrow from the sunshine
For the skies may turn to grey
I don't worry all the future
For I know what Jesus say
And today I'll walk beside Him
For He knows what lives will be
Many things about tomorrow
I don't seem to understand
But I know who holds tomorrow
And I know who holds my hand
Every step is getting brighter
As the golden stairs I climb
Every burden is getting lighter
Every cloud is silver lined
There the sun is always shining
There no tears will be in the eye
At the ending of the rainbow
Where the mountains touch the sky
Many things about tomorrow
I don't seem to understand
But I know who holds tomorrow
And I know who holds my hand
You see me through the seasons
Cover me with Your hand
And lead me in Your righteousness
And I look to You
And I wait on You
I will sing to You, Lord
A hymn of love
For Your faithfulness to me
I'm carried in everlasting arms
You'll never let me go
Through it all
Hallelujah, hallelujah

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home