Resolutions R' Us
So I think I sorta broke my new year's resolution already. Was supposed to go running today, but couldn't find myself doing it. It is quite terrible.
The day was spent wallowing in some sort of self pity by whittling time away with games, tv shows, and sleeping. That's how I spent my new year's holiday. Oh and tidying up the room a little. Just a little. I suppose I delve into such things because they help me to escape the reality of life; the reality being, I don't really know what I want to do today and I don't really have anyone to spend it with. It sort of works that way.
Try as I might, I can't help but shake that feeling that more often than not, we watch tv shows or read stories because we want to experience adventure, and connect with people. We want to get involved in people's lives, and tv and books and games help us to do that without all the additional hard work. You know. Like, really talking to someone. Talking and making it seem as though things will all turn out well and people really do care about you to tell you what's really going on in their life. We used to do that all instinctively, which is why we keep all our JC/Secondary/Primary school friends close, but somehow as we all grow up things get really complicated emotions wise, there's more to think about and for some reason the connection thing just gets exponentially harder.
Well. Or maybe its all just me.
Anyway. Its a new year and work starts again tomorrow. No more running away, just a dive into the thick of things and people and hoping things work out.
Help me, O my God. Do not leave me be.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home