Wayfarer in Eternal Reality

Wandering the desolate wastes, a man stands alone. and yet his heart knows, that a place has been prepared for him. And so, he moves on...

Monday

Father..

Today I watched this video on Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=455621345922


Watch it first. 


Now, I usually do not feel much for videos; in fact, i often skip through bits just because I don't like wasting my time. In fact, I had watched the first bit of the vid before. 

But this just got to me. It was strangely enthralling. I couldn't stop watching till it ended. And nicely ended with a verse as well I might add. 

If you've read an older post of mine, you'll know that I don't exactly have the best of relationships with my dad. This video definitely made me envious in some ways. Part of me wants to have that kind of passion and desire, to just want to jump into my father's arms and let the world be eclipsed by his embrace.

Ironically, nowadays its a challenge to want to hug him sometimes. All that age and reasoning and hurt just standing in the way. Its a fairly frustrating feeling.

I guess I must pray that God makes the difference.

On that note however, I must imagine what it must be like to see God one day. I want, so dearly want, that my reaction be like one of those children in the video. That the world will fade away as I run into His arms and know love, true and complete love, in Him. The logical, throughly theologically sound side of me argues that perhaps it will not be quite like that, but the other more emotional and romantic side hopes dearly, oh so dearly, that it will be very much like that when the time comes. 

Perhaps that is why watching videos like these moves people so much, no matter how jaded you are with life and love right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home