Wayfarer in Eternal Reality

Wandering the desolate wastes, a man stands alone. and yet his heart knows, that a place has been prepared for him. And so, he moves on...

Wednesday

Why no sun!

I hate feeling of being cold.

When I am cold, my entire system goes reptilian on me, especially in the mornings, and it takes a good hot shower or a hot drink to wake me up and make me limber. Not to mention I go on a sneeze fest, not so often because I am cold, but rather all the temperature adjustments in my systems causes my sinus to explode like a firecracker on new year's.

Unfortunately, days like these tend to be cloudy and dull, and the gray skies tend impress an equal melancholy on my soul. A dear friend and I talked about this once, and we agreed that, just as it has been proven scientifically, the lack of sun in one's life makes one sad.

The lack of sun in one's life makes one sad.

The lack of Son in one's life makes one sad.

The lack of Christ in one's life makes one sad.

It is written that all creation was made to glorify God, and in Jesus Christ, all creation holds together. I'm just gonna skip the theology here, to pick up on one point: perhaps, the sun was to remind us of the true light of this world. Scarcely anyone can deny that we all somehow feel the hope of life when the sun rises everyday, its light chasing away the darkness that had dominion through the night.

In a similar way, our very natural responses to the lack of sun in our days results in a temperament that not quite cheery; as if creation was reminding us, hey, you really need the sun in your life to live ya know.

You really need the Son in your life to live ya know.

Increasingly, over the last two weeks, this has been a core message that seems to come to me day after day. The need, oh the need! This longing need inside that talks about losing the things I like to gain the things I need!

In ways both spiritual and physical, I really hope that it gets warmer soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home