A Scene of Empty Houses
J just broke up with J. It isn't important to know who they are, but the knowledge of their mutual hurt and loss made me a little blue.
We went for a drink, chatted and shared about stuff that has been going on, reasons, regrets. One thing stood out. Ironically we barely knew any adult couples that had that sort of idealized marriages that we hoped for. Just one each.
That stuck with me, even beyond the facts and things we discussed.
Just one couple each... out of the many we knew. Granted now, with a little more time and reflection, more faces and names come to mind, but at that moment it was one of a little more than little despair.
I got home, and was just looking at the HDB blocks being constructed next to my home. Towering blocks of empty rooms. You could see right through them.
I wondered... if their homes will be empty to life too. Life, true life, not some settled down empty and passionless life. Families would move in there, rows and columns of families, filled with men and women and children, all looking to a brighter future, Or perhaps just a constant survival. Taking whatever they could while they could.
Perhaps I'm just being overly negative. Perhaps its just the melancholy talking. Perhaps life is meant to be so; an ever ongoing process of accepting and living on and moving on. Perhaps.
I really, really, really don't want that kind of life. I want.. a little more. Some heart, some passion, some realization of earthly completeness.
Some, true, love.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home