all around the world we're singing
rain down... rain it down on me.
Words from a Delirious song come to mind this wet Friday afternoon, even as i sit now snug at home, nestling a hot cup of milo and luxuriating in the homely warm sensations from the hot shower i just took. Its Good Friday, and as ryl had 'predicted'... its raining.
Rained out of my hopeful afternoon at WCP for a fine frisbee affair. Even as i thankfully sat in weisong's car, leaving macdonalds through the torrential rains, i was wondering. Was i disappointed? It was not too long ago that i shared with my cg that i was thankful for God's little blessings in my life recently; in particular the fact that it never rained with i wanted to play frisbee. And here today i was, praying and hoping for a small miracle, which didn't happen this time.
I was disappointed.
And then, i was not. A little resigned perhaps, but not sad. Not blue. Its a strange feeling. I wonder if i'm just becoming a little jaded?
But perhaps it has all been far outweighed by the remembrance, the sobering yet blessed thought, of what this day is all about. Good Friday. It is good indeed. The lines i could write, the words i could say! Yet i would nary manage to encapsulate His grace for even a moment. Perhaps that is why all is good. The skies weep in glorious delight, the sun happy to dim its gaze, the earth drinking in the rain as we would His love, His mercy...
We remember. I remember. And it is good indeed. Rain down! Rain down! Rain down on me!
Will I?
Will I walk the streets in heaven,
holding tightly to Your hand?
Will I dance in rain so cold and sweet,
living warm in Your commands?
Will I swim the infinite oceans,
in the knowledge of Your truth?
Will I climb eternal mountaintops,
in Your Spirit's everyouth?
Will I play with the great lions,
celebrate You with roars and cheers?
Will I soar in skies with doves and eagles,
held aloft by Your great love?
Will I be who You called me to be,
when You spoke me into life?
Will I?
I Will.
But only cause You Will.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home