Wayfarer in Eternal Reality

Wandering the desolate wastes, a man stands alone. and yet his heart knows, that a place has been prepared for him. And so, he moves on...

Wednesday

A longer yet shorter testimony.

Did this in an email... Decided to post it.

Hello!

Ha. sorry about the topic. Couldn't think of anything more suitable. Less
words now, I'll go right into it.

Its going to be about running again, coz well... I would guess its an
endurance thing, and I had little. If you remember around 6 months ago my
God-aided run that ended with an amazing timing (to me), well, this one
sorta builds on it. Sorta coz I think I missed one chance to testify in
between... I got 11:11 in July for 2.4 (silver yay!)... but anyway.

Friday 3rd Sept, a day before my hair was 'defiled' in a way never before :X
, my unit went all the way to Bedok Reservoir for a BN Run. It was going to
be 8.6km, 2 rounds around a BIG 'pond'. Its scary to even look at it coz you
know you're gonna be running for a long, long time. I've never run more than
5km at a go, and so it was a lil scary going into it.

The diff was. This time I was truly confident of God being able to work
miracles tru me, not by my own might, but utterly relying on His strength
alone.

Fast forward around 3+ km, and fatigue was getting to me. I was running a
cadence run, which is basically running in a group, which is both good and
bad at the same time, but more on that later. Right now, being at the back
of the group meant jogging at the slowest man's speed, and that was getting
tiring fast. The sun was up and... sunny, and at around 4+ its very hot. I'm
fitter than 6 mths ago, but its still a struggle with no end in sight, heat
burning my throat, and my narrowed vision only mostly seeing the bouncing
back of the guy in front of me.

Past the first round, and hitting the 5km mark, all those voices which
torment me and goad me into stopping come pouring in. Pain suddenly pierces
the chest, eyes start blurring, and the body begins to feel like lead.
Suddenly it felt as if I was back there running my life out to complete my
last round on the 800m Gombak track... but this time I was still over 3km
away from the end.

I prayed... seemed like the most important thing to do. And then... it
really hit me. Its been like a 3 month or so long buildup till that day for
God to really drill this lesson into my head; a decision, 2 camps, a myriad
of letting go and fasting, and many other things from sermons heard to
things read to people talked to... the list goes on. Suddenly it all seemed
to drop right into pin point precision place. I am nothing. I need God, I
love God because He first loved and called me to Him... I obey God.

Daren spoke many times about taking a leap of faith, and i agree! many times
we have to leap and really jump into the unknown. But even then it gives a
wonderful sense of exhileration as God works wonders you have never ever
experienced before, and you are aglow with passion and fire and Godly might.
But I guess as I took many jumps and felt the rush, the 'spiritual
adrenaline', I began to wonder... Whens the next big thing God? When are you
going to ask me to jump again and let me feel the dizzying power of Your
grace and might? What happens next?

If you've been doing experiencing God, theres this bit you're supposed to
write about what you feel God is asking you to do. Its abit demoralizing
when I look at my record, and perhaps out of tiredness and/or lack of
concentration, I end up writing for the most of them the one thing I've felt
for these 2-3 months. All along I've always felt this; pray. wait. It was
compounded both in disciple and exp God, but I wondered if I was simply
drifting away and not really listening to Him.

Breath in. Breath out. My hope lies in the Kingdom of God, in Jesus Christ
who saves me. It is the end line. It will be glorious. But now. just for
now. breath in, breath out.

as the song goes, I walk by faith, each step by faith, to live by faith, I
put my trust in You.

to live simply by His love, obey. There will be big things, but there will
be small ones everyday. Don't worry about tommorrow, for tommorrow will
bring its own worries. Live for today. Live for Jesus today.

I'm not really good at quoting scripture, but I guess Paul knew his stuff
when he used a race to describe our Christian walk. There are Sundays, where
we gather with fellow believers and are encouraged. There are camps/events,
where we feel the surge and see God's work like never before. (I reckon
these to the drink-pit-stops we had on the run... utterly refreshing) There
is the end, which we will all reach one day, to be with Him forever.

But for now, just for now. There is the daily run. A daily obedience. A
daily love. A daily time with Jesus. A daily obedience. Never had I ever
felt it so impacted in my heart, that the most important thing, truely
deepest and most foundational thing, was my daily dedication to God
Almighty, El Shaddai. For He can do all things. He is Almighty.

And so I ran on, forgetting all else, just breath, step, step, breath out.
And God took me further then ever before.

8.6km and I was not half dead at the end. Well, nearly, :p but I wasn't as
tired as I had been so many times bfore for other shorter runs.

"Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the Lord!" - Psalm 27:14

Theres more, but i'm out of time and this is pretty long itself. Its shorter
than the very first mail, but the physical distance is longer. Thus the
topic. :P (sorry couldn't resist XD )

Obey Jesus today! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home