Are you a betting man?
Betting's all the craze now even for those who don't usually bet. Euro or World Cup runs in and many of the people I know run down to thier nearest bookie (legal or illegal) and put down thier money in hopes of earning more money.
I wonder what drives them? Greed? Affirmation of thier predictions? Current trend?
I myself like to, well predict/guess outcomes of certain things, but I personally will never put down anything (well mebee a few peanuts) as a bet. I personally think gambling is a horrible thing (tho I concur come methods are exciting to watch or play), and should never involve money. People are frickin dying of hunger and disease out there and someone goes plops down money at a *chance* to win more money.
Shall not go into the Christian perspective of it, but I will say its very lousy stewardship.
Ah well. some of me friends lose big at this kinda things. and despite my concern for them i can't feel the least bit of pity for thier loss.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home