Wayfarer in Eternal Reality

Wandering the desolate wastes, a man stands alone. and yet his heart knows, that a place has been prepared for him. And so, he moves on...

Thursday

A Different Me

Ok first, this was supposed to be up an hour ago, then I got waylaid by work email and spent the last hour working on that. I also realize I have yet to type "THE EMAIL", and so.. well, everything is caught in the middle of no where for now. Sigh. Okay, moving on.

Today was a good day; woke relatively early, spent the morning gaming on my own, spent the afternoon gaming with my NS mates, spent the evening at some chic Chinese Restaurant that I think the lads are hoping to go to once a year (though I'm honestly not a fan, but, whatever). Yes, judge me not, I'm clearing leave and its my holiday. : p

We (the lads) pretty much met in the army while doing our time in our unit. We absolutely hated our time there, but I guess it brought us together. Oddly enough our usual way of recognizing each other in a quick way online is by using our unit's name. Such irony.

We're all geeks, in different ways. Dav and Durs are fellow gamers, Dav and CP connect on a style/fashion-ish level, Durs and CP are anime fans, CP and I usually end up talking tech. For many varied reasons we have stuck through over 5 years of life, even when one (or for a period, two) of us has been overseas for extended periods of time.

I'm different when I'm with them. I can talk for hours (proven fact) with them on nothing but games, movies, comics, tech; essentially the geeky things that I guess I really do enjoy a lot, but rarely speak about. I can even not talk, and just listen, and still find it time well spent. That's rare, because often in groups I hang out with, the talk turns to things I have little interest in, and I have to apply myself to learning and absorbing whatever is being spoken of so as to maintain an interest. If not, I tune out.

I'm in a bit of a muddle about this. If anything, these guys are the people I wish were in church with me. At the same time, it seems quite a bit of a double life (sounds familiar?), one I still have yet to come to terms with balancing. I have been praying, but the subject just doesn't ever come up. When I do try it's really really forced.

I guess this is something I have to think about. This... other me.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home